In Campus Bio-Medico University (hereinafter UCBM) we have launched a phase of ICT assessment & planning and redefinition of corporate operational processes as a preparatory intervention for the evolution of the applications that make up the Hospital Information System (SIO) . The intervention involved the adoption of a Enterprise Service Bus centralized ( ESB ) and the replacement of most of the application components of the SIO, in particular: MPI, CDR, ADT, CUP, Laboratory Analysis, Operating Block, Intensive Care, Medical / Nursing Medical Record, Drug Management (Prescription, Preparation, Transport, Administration).
Once the ICT Assessment , the strategic evolution plan of the SIO was defined (ICT Planning) based on a path lasting over 2 years, in which the process of progressive implementation and release of the individual application components was orchestrated, taking into account the related interdependencies.
Each of the interventions to replace application areas can be considered a project that substantially follows the same development logic, proceeding with the following operational steps:
- AS-IS analysis , aimed at documenting the current processes in the area and the use of the current application, highlighting any organizational criticalities, operational processes or available application functions.
- Collection of requirements , aimed at collecting and documenting the functional requirements of the applications to be identified, the improvements that can be made to the current processes in the area and the possible improvements in the use of a new application to replace the existing one, highlighting the process, organizational and functional improvements that can be obtained.
- TO-BE analysis, pursues the objective of documenting the new operational processes that are to be introduced in the area of interest and the way in which they will be supported by the use of the future application, highlighting the overcoming of the organizational and technical criticalities identified in the previous phases and possibly defining some KPI (Key Performance Indicator) that can serve as indicators to measure the real achievement of the set objectives.
- SW selection and drafting of the specifications , aimed at carrying out market scouting to identify the application solutions that best meet the requirements and prospective needs of UCBM , organize any presentations of the solution suppliers, support you in highlighting the level of compliance of the solutions with respect to your functional, process and strategic requirements, drafting of tender specifications, weighing criteria for the evaluation of supply components, etc.
- Support during the tender phase , necessary to support you in answering questions for clarification, in the technical evaluation of offers, in the preparation of the supplier evaluation grids and in the formulation of answers to suppliers.